(1) On balance, the book is a friendly, down-to-earth introduction to physics.
(2) I would say that, on balance, it hasn't been a bad year.
(3) On balance he agreed with Christine.
(4) On balance, the company has had a successful year.
(5) Their suggestion has, on balance, proved practicable.
(6) I think on balance I prefer the old system.
(7) On balance biotechnology should be good news for developing countries.
(8) On balance the economy of the dispatching countries would have benefited more by employing its human resources than by expelling them.
(9) On balance contestability has increased, partly explaining the decline in profitability.
(10) The Committee concluded, on balance, in favour of the second set of arguments.
(11) Students have been very responsible, on balance, when choosing courses to provide a broad education.
(12) On balance, however, the predator/prey theory of dinosaur endothermy does seem to be one of Bakker's stronger points.
(13) On balance, however, Gramm should still win.
(14) While Nie believes the Internet is, on balance, making employees more productive, other experts disagree.
(15) On balance, the least inflammatory of the available options were selected. Sentencedict.com
(16) On balance, the advantages to be gained from panels outweigh the disadvantages. 10.
(17) On balance it is well worthwhile for the voluntary organizations to seize this opportunity to play a fuller role.
(18) On balance I think it would be better to cancel the arrangements.
(19) On balance, it's a useful program, despite the problems.
(20) On balance, the Cruise missile demonstrations embarrassed the left, and turned much to Mrs Thatcher's advantage.
(21) Nevertheless, taken on balance, if you possess unpleasant chemical properties, it pays to advertise.
(22) On balance the better controlled studies have shown that cigarette smoking promotes gall bladder disease.
(23) Bad news for consumers: on balance, the higher the figure, the greater the upward pressure on prices.
(24) Some investigations conclude that on balance the existence of a large firm is actually in the public interest.
(25) On balance, the evidence does not support this tactical scenario, although it may well have occurred to de Gaulle.
(26) So on balance, it looks as though I will be doing the replanting and afforestation for Fairfax.
(27) Despite some failures, our firm has had quite a good year on balance.
(28) Up and down hill fences pose problems for the horse by placing a premium on balance and impulsion.
(29) To top the offer cahoot is giving a 5 per cent cashback on balance transfers.
(30) The overhang was cleared, enabling the shares to bounce back to 356p, down 2 on balance.
More similar words: balance, balanced, balance of, glance, parlance, surveillance, cancel, cancer, dancer, stance, chance, romance, penance, alliance, finance, enhance, guidance, substance, instance, entrance, advanced, ancestor, distance, by chance, pittance, arrogance, in advance, endurance, utterance, tolerance.