Sentencedict.com random good picture
1. He served in Mesopotamia during the First World War, came home in 1916 to transfer to an infantry regiment.
2. An ancient city of Mesopotamia in the Euphrates River valley of present-day central Iraq. Its extensive ruins have yielded valuable archaeological evidence about Sumerian culture.
3. In Mesopotamia, the Hanging Gardens of Babylon were one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
4. Mesopotamia was probably the first region of the world where humans gained mastery over major rivers.
5. Woven cloth originated in Mesopotamia around 5000 BC.
6. Most of Mesopotamia then became part of the Parthian Empire of the Arsakides.
7. Cultures such as those in Mesopotamia Egypt and Indiadeveloped the process of brewing beer.
8. So: the great civilizations of ancient Egypt, Mesopotamia and the area we refer to as the Fertile Crescent, of which a little part here about the size of Rhode Island is Canaan.
9. Persian culture by the cultural impact of Mesopotamia, the use of cuneiform.
10. Similar seals were found in Mesopotamia, which seems to indicate possible trade between these two civilizations.
11. An ancient empire of Mesopotamia in the Euphrates River valley. It flourished under Hammurabi and Nebuchadnezzar II but declined after562 b. c. and fell to the Persians in539.
12. The oldest CIVILIAZATION was in mesopotamia in modern day Iraq. These people were of nomadic indo-aryan descent from the steppes of Asia.
13. Dagan was the animal managing center in ancient Mesopotamia and studying its documents will be the most important task for understanding the palace economy of Ur III Dynasty.
14. The absence is too striking and consistent not to reflect basic differences in craft organization and productive activities between Harappa and Mesopotamia.
15. It was erected in honour of the Emperor and his two sons Caracalla and Geta for their victories in Mesopotamia.
16. Slums or poorer residential and industrial quarters have not been extensively excavated in Mesopotamia.
17. The sense of insecurity which affected the city-states of Mesopotamia led to a rudimentary interest in the history of social order.
18. By the twentieth century, it was still active, maintaining a theological school at Nisibis in northern Mesopotamia.
19. The first true writing we know of is Sumerian cuneiform- consisting mainly of wedge-shaped impressions on clay tablets - whichwas used more than 5000 years ago in Mesopotamia.
20. Other nonperishable objects, such as long, elegant beads made of carnelian ( a form of red agate) and shell bangles from the Indus Valley[sentencedict.com], have been dug up in Central Asia and Mesopotamia.
21. Mithraic sanctuaries and mausoleums were built in the city of Hatra in upper Mesopotamia.
22. This last five fold division is clearly borrowed from ancient Chaldean ideas current in Mesopotamia.
23. Water Gulf region, Iraq has the Euphrates and Tigris in Mesopotamia.
24. This, in effect, brought to an end three thousand years of self-rule in Mesopotamia.
25. BCE : India - Cultural exchange between the Indus Valley civilization and MESOPOTAMIA ( present day Iraq ) is especially prominent.
26. Chemical traces in the dust allowed the scientists to pinpoint its origins in Mesopotamia.
27. Greek literature major form - myth(sentencedict .com), circulated a thick Mesopotamia atmosphere.
28. The common conception of the city as a dense grid of masonry buildings dates to early desert oasis civilizations such as Mesopotamia but was uncharacteristic of many other environments.
29. It is almost as old as the oldest writing of all, theearliest cuneiform from Mesopotamia.
30. Sumerian and Akkadian Babylonians inherited the achievements of human civilization and carry forward the civilization of Mesopotamia to the peak.
More similar words: amiable, vitamin, potato, contaminate, a hot potato, contamination, anemia, polynomial, sophism, stamp, bantam, stammer, stamp out, philosophy, modus operandi, sophisticated, pot, mesh, mess, total, spot, unsophisticated, fumes, messy, totally, notable, not at all, Messrs, in total, potion.