Sentencedict.com random good picture
1. From that same Leviticus, the Lord instructs us not to eat pork or fish without scales.
2. Leviticus was happy with the country, thought here were rather a lot of blacks around.
3. In biblical times, according to the book of Leviticus, women at work were valued at thirty silver shekels.
4. The book of Leviticus expressly forbids it.
5. Similarly, the so-called five books of Moses--Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus,Numbers, Deuteronomy, nowhere claim to have been written in their entirety by Moses.
6. The 11th chapter of Leviticus deals with the dietary laws.
7. It's only Leviticus that mentions the poor. For Deuteronomy, it's those who really can't provide for themselves: the widow, the orphan and the stranger who may not be able to find employment.
8. Leviticus 20:13 that proscribes the death penalty for same-sex relations is quite related to codes that condemn bestiality, invoke dietary restrictions, and order the wearing of certain fibers.
9. Similarly, the holiness codes of Leviticus thread down from an all-encompassing mandate to behave distinctly from their foreign (and depraved) neighbors.sentencedict.com
10. So Leviticus supports outright charity for the poor in the form of gleanings. Kind of a welfare system. Deuteronomy has more of a workfare system in mind; they actually never mention the poor.
11. Leviticus 18:22 - No man is to have sexual relations with another man; God hates that.
12. Leviticus 9 : 10 But the fat, and the kidneys, and the caul above the liver of the sin offering, he burnt upon the altar; as the LORD commanded Moses.
13. And Leviticus is a primary document of the Priestly School.
14. We can break the book of Leviticus down into the units that are listed on that side of the board.
15. We also, in Leviticus 11, meat dietary laws ; that are governed by criteria such as cud chewing and having a split hoof; you can only eat animals that chew the cud and have a split hoof.
16. The book of Leviticus, in the Bible, tells us about religious law.
17. Nine times these words are repeated in Leviticus.
18. Some people say maybe he meant to reflect the five books of Torah the Pentateuch is the Genesis, Exodus,Leviticus,Numbers,and Deuteronomy.
19. The priestly texts in Leviticus and Numbers emphasize the sanctity of all life and the ideal of holiness and ethical and ritual purity.
20. The King James translation of Leviticus 18:22 says "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination."
21. Calling for the literal application of all 613 laws described in the Book of Leviticus, Rushdoony paid special attention to punishments.
22. Quarantine regulations and sanitary practices, which are still useful, are set forth in the book of Leviticus in the Old Testament.
23. So the Priestly materials are found as a block in Leviticus, a large part of Numbers, and then they're scattered throughout Genesis and Exodus.
24. All of this,and Luke even tells us, this is to fulfill the scripture and to fulfill the law, and he's referring back to Leviticus.
25. I will say that Milgrom has also argued that the dietary laws of Leviticus are similarly part of a symbol system that emphasizes life over death.
26. The majority of the sacrifices that are described in the opening chapters of Leviticus, in Leviticus 1 through 7, are voluntary sacrifices.
27. And they also seem to bear some relationship to the laws in Leviticus and Numbers. But the question is, what is the relationship between the different versions of the legal material?
28. The crowd was there for a Jewish feast, called Feast of Weeks (see Leviticus 23:15) or First Harvest e. g. wheat.
More similar words: book of leviticus, levitical, viticulture, magnetic levitation, levity, levitate, levitation, fat-soluble vitamin, water-soluble vitamin, zygomaticus, diverticulitis, critical review, levi, levier, alleviate, bicuspid, leviathan, alleviated, televise, umbilicus, tricuspid, copernicus, alleviation, alleviative, brevity, social evil, televisual, television, evitable, ficus carica.