Sentencedict.com random good picture
1. I laid down the law to my wife for running up so many shopping bills.
2. I could hear him laying down the law.
3. She can't just come into this office and start laying down the law.
4. My dad started laying down the law about what time I should come home.
5. He's always laying down the law about gardening but he really doesn't know much about it.
6. She would lay down the laws.
7. It is unfortunate that Mrs Gardner's thoroughness did not extend to laying down the law about insurance.
8. MacFarland said I would do well in his class and laid down the law about doing well in the others.
9. They made a move for the piano[Sentencedict.com], but we laid down the law and soon redirected their energy to sightseeing.
10. Ron, too, was laying down the law.
11. Parents need to lay down the law regarding how much TV their children watch.
12. By eleven o'clock I was standing in front of Patterson's desk laying down the law.
13. If Bob starts laying down the law, just tell him to shut up.
14. Scuttling, handbag primed, to lay down the law in Europe.
15. Don't lay down the law to me.
16. You shouldn't lay down the law to me about that.
17. Lay down the law and tell her you will not stand for this kind of behavior.
18. These lay down the law for you,[sentencedict.com/lay down the law.html] with no ifs or buts.
19. He is raring to charge into the fray and lay down the law.
20. Steadily I disappointed Paquita, who believed it was my job to lay down the law with Clarisa.
21. Well, there was nothing for it, I had to lay down the law in no uncertain terms.
22. She concedes that she finds discipline a daily struggle: "I thought life would get easier as the kids grew up, but I'm finding it harder and harder to lay down the law.
23. From the identity, in principle, of the aims of the party and of the class, the functionary deduces his right to lay down the law to the class.
24. Catholic Church had made a bad mistake with Galileo when it tried to lay down the law on a question of science.
25. The media should be more active in exposing such scandals, and propel related departments to smooth the complaint channels and lay down the law.
More similar words: lay down, play down, down the line, down the drain, go down the drain, bring down the house, on the lam, in the last resort, in the last analysis, cry down, money down, play dead, carry down, downtown, down time, downtime, get down to, downturn, put down to, boil down to, downtrodden, down-to-earth, play ducks and drakes, get down to work, cut down to size, down to the ground, delaware, case law, hela, relay.