Random good picture Not show
1. In the different historical culture background, Jataka murals artistic expressing form also reflects the process of evolution clearly.
2. When Buddhist monks taught children in viharas, jataka stories took a prominent place in primary education.
3. With the development of time and space, the jataka fresco has changed a lot.
4. Jataka stories speak eloquently of those human values, which contribute, to harmony, pleasure and progress.
5. In this any many other respects, jataka stories contributed to happiness and the development of the minds of young ones.
6. It is a pleasure to rewrite the Jataka stories in modern English understandable by western readers.
7. Jataka bhanaka ( jataka storyteller) is mentioned to have been appointed even as early as the time of the Buddha.
8. There are also Mahayana jataka stories such as Vyaghri, Dharmasondaka and Seta Gandha Hasti which do not appear in Pali at all.
9. In all Buddhist countries the Jataka tales were the major sources for developing the character of the people. They were used widely in preaching by monks and lay preachers .
10. In Sri Lanka they were translated into Sinhalese in the 14th century, where they were known as Pansiya Panas Jataka .
11. Besides literature, painting, sculpture and architecture in many parts of the world carried the message of jataka stories.
12. Fa Hin, who visited Sri Lanka in the fifth century A. D. recorded that festival times the city of Anuradhapura was festooned with paintings from jataka stories.
13. In this interpretation, changes are being made to the style of the old Jataka stories, and explanations are added,(Sentencedict.com ) as is appropriate for children in the modern world.
14. Until quite recently, the most widely read Sinhala prose work was Pansiya Panas Jataka Pota, number 6 in our list of sources.
15. For developing moral conduct and good behaviour, there are few more instructive foundation than jataka stories.
16. Poems of other genre are replete with allusions to incidents and personalities drawn from jataka stories.
17. There is hardly any form of Sinhala literature which has not been fed by the well springs of jataka stories.
18. Later works of drama such as the Sandakinduru Nadagama, Vessantara Nadagama, Pabavati, Kada Valalu, Kala gola and Pemato jayati soko are based on jataka stories.
More similar words: karnataka, taka, krakatau, mistakable, unmistakable, unmistakably, taklamakan desert, taklimakan desert, jat, go off at a tangent, AKA, a.k.a., haka, dhaka, dakar, osaka, zakat, lusaka, soakage, leakage, jakarta, break away, breakage, breakaway, akathisia, break-away, sneak away, krakatoa, moussaka, breakable.