1. The UN were faced with an ignominious withdrawal or a long - term military presence.
2. The marriage was considered especially ignominious since she was of royal descent.
3. No other party risked ignominious defeat.
4. It was an ignominious failure - the plane left the runway then crashed into a ball of flames.
5. So, a sort of ignominious continuation - Elvis Costello's thirty-third album!
6. He was no hero: his final exit was ignominious.
7. Pretty ignominious sort of territorial pawn at that.
7. Sentencedict.com try its best to collect and create good sentences.
8. They would wipe out the shame of their ignominious defeat!
9. Four years ago, he suffered an ignominious first - round exit.
10. It is an ignominious thing to attack others in the back.
11. The conspiracy frittered away to ignominious conclusion.
12. That ignominious experience led the Tories to adopt inflation targeting, which has transformed Britain's macroeconomic performance.
13. The conspiracy frittered away to an ignominious conclusion.
14. Many thought that he was doomed to ignominious failure.
15. Another was the pound's ignominious defenestration from the European exchange-rate mechanism in 1992.
16. The majority of people do some ignominious matters, Carroll Saunders have not been exceptional.
17. It was an ignominious end to one of the most distinguished international careers in American government.
18. He made one mistake and his career came to an ignominious end.
19. The anniversary of his coronation seemed destined to be marked by ignominious defeat.
20. The principle of propulsion by Flettner rotors suffers still from their ignominious fate.
21. Heavy losses or, at best, inadequate returns on capital invested have resulted in ignominious withdrawals from the market.
22. Saints managed a brief recovery to 18-12 before falling away to ignominious defeat.
23. That it was erected, operated for a short while and then reverted to ignominious dereliction are all true.
24. Although Coach Phil Jackson dubbed the Lakers a " Jekyll and Hyde" team after Monday's practice, he noted that they have typically played their best games immediately after an ignominious loss.
25. He found himself indicted for arson and attempted murder, his career an abrupt ignominious end.
26. He found himself indicted for arson and attempted murder, his career an abrupt and ignominious end.
27. Yet before Hong's policies and Yung's proposals were ever implemented, the Taipings suffered an ignominious retreat.
28. Seventy-five years ago, the world's leaders collected in the Hall of Fossils in London's Geological Museum with the aim of ending a tariff war. The talks finished in ignominious failure.
29. Before Him was a life of sorrow , hardship , and conflict, and an ignominious death.
More similar words: ignominy, minion, nominee, nominally, nominate, nomination, denominator, denomination, anno domini, ingenious, harmonious, euphonious, acrimonious, ominous, parsimonious, sanctimonious, ignore, sign on, sign out, ignored, ignorant, ignoble, monsignor, consignor, ignorance, pinioned, opinion, economic, reign of terror, economist.