Sentencedict.com random good picture
1. Of course I'm not. It was just a figure of speech.
2. 'Get up with the lark' is a figure of speech, meaning 'Get out of bed early'.
3. A: It was a figure of speech, sir.
4. The word means an obscure figure of speech.
5. And this, Marcy Lupino knew, was not a figure of speech.
6. He said he used the phrase as a figure of speech, and did not mean to imply she was a coward.
7. Euphemism is a very important culture - loaded figure of speech that is often employed in communication.
8. The fable is figure of speech, including noumenon and implication. Zhuangzi's fables are no ( exception ).
9. Whereas a figure of speech not only can express a thought in fewer words than a direct statement, it can convey the thought more completely.
10. A figure of speech a part is used for the whole.
11. Synecdoche is a figure of speech in English, it has many uses, one of which is through association and analogy in order to replace the whole part.
12. The passage employs a figure of speech called parallelism.
13. Irony is an often used figure of speech.
13. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find good sentences for a large number of words.
14. A figure of speech in which two essentially unlike things are compared.
15. The writer uses imagism and other figure of speech like simile etc.
16. Of course this is just a figure of speech.
17. Synecdoche is a figure of speech in which a part is used for a whole, or vice verse.
18. I didn't really mean my associate is a snake; it was just a figure of speech.
19. I didn't really mean she was in outer space it's just a figure of speech.
20. When we talk about "selfish" genes it is just a figure of speech.
21. I found this word in the dictionary meant an obscure figure of speech.
22. But how could you begin to verify the fact of reincarnation, except as a figure of speech?
23. He won a tense duel over first-time participant Sidharth Chand, 12, of Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, who finally stumbled on " prosopopoeia , " a word describing a type of figure of speech.
24. To use "hand" for "worker" or "ten sail" for "ten ships" or "steel" for "sword" is to use a synecdochic figure of speech.
25. Lister said people should follow the 1946 advice of writer George Orwell: "Never use a metaphor, simile, or other figure of speech which you are used to seeing in print.
26. His disciples said, " Now are plainly, and not in any figure of speech. "
27. That would be interesting if we make such a figure of speech: take this relative position as relative price of merchandise.
28. The judging standards of polysyllabic words of The History of Southern Dynasties include meaning, grammar, meaning of context, figure of speech and the appearing frequency of this word.
29. Metaphor in traditional theories is taken only as a rhetorical device, or a figure of speech, which is only a matter of language.
30. I just said that it was like tank, a figure of speech.
More similar words: part of speech, freedom of speech, figure on, figure out, figure, figured, speech, figure in, disfigure, configure, prefigure, wax figure, figurehead, disfigured, transfigure, free speech, speechless, public figure, figure skating, disfigurement, speechlessly, authority figure, significant figure, speech recognition, figuring, figurine, figurative, figuratively, configuration, transfiguration.