Random good picture Not show
1. Douglass was the acknowdedged black leader of his time.
2. Douglass, in the early decades of this century-although many of the principles had been understood long before that.
3. But unlike Douglass he had no oratorical gift, no passionate language, no silver tongue.
4. Douglass recalls childhood memories of long summers spent outside.
5. What remains of Douglass School, built in 1910 and the first-known segregated school for blacks in Phoenix?
6. Frederick Douglass, famous abolitionist and escaped American slave, and a writer whom I will always love, used his words to convert our country, first his prison, into his home.
7. Frederick Douglass wrote not only to change America for our people, but also because he loved it.
8. Frederick Douglass (1817-1895), who escaped from slavery, became an author and publisher and was internationally known for his instrumental role in the abolitionist movement.
9. The great abolitionist and orator Frederick Douglass once told us, "If there is no struggle, there is no progress."
10. By joining Frederick Douglass, Booker T. Washington, and Richard Wright in the act of literary testimony, Malcolm became part of the most essential genre of African-American literature.
11. For three years Douglass worked as a day laborer and discovered the growing circle of Massachusetts abolitionists.
12. Douglass, Bruce Powel. Real - time UML.
13. North , Douglass. Institutions, Institutional Change and Economic Performance.
14. Douglass C. North is a well - known American economist, the winner of the Nobel Prize on economy.
15. Example: In conclusion, Frederick Douglass was, as we have seen, a pioneer in American education, proving that education was a major force for social change with regard to slavery.
16. For three years Douglass worked as a laborer and discovered the growing circle of Massachusetts abolitionists.
17. Gandhi the truth-teller died at the hands of his killers, some of whom, Jim Douglass alleges, walked away scot-free under cover of self-preserving lies.
18. Nearby is a photograph of Sojourner Truth, a female contemporary of Douglass who campaigned fearlessly against slavery and for women's rights.
19. Accompanied by motorcade, a vintage 1957 bus drove Parks across the Frederick Douglass Memorial Bridge, named for the famed slavery abolitionist leader, to the U.S. Capitol.
20. Tales of her aggressive platform style[Sentencedict.com], of her challenge to Frederick Douglass on the issue of violence against slavery ("Frederick!
21. where people are learning about the African-American leader Frederick Douglass, who was born a slave in 1818, but escaped to become a leading abolitionist.
22. This red brick Victorian Gothic-style building, completed in 1886, hosted the funeral of congregant Frederick Douglass in 1895 and Rosa Parks a century later.
23. Example: In addition to being an educational pioneer, Frederick Douglass provides an interesting case study for masculinity in the American South.
24. LOA encompasses African-American literature from slave narratives to the essays of intellectuals like Frederick Douglass and W.E.B. DuBois and the fiction of Richard Wright.
25. Example: Because of the efforts of fine Americans like Frederick Douglass, countless others have seen the shining beacon of light that is education.
26. And there was a captain of the name of Douglass[sentencedict.com], who had received orders to defend his ship to the last extremity.
27. He chose the second week of February to coincide with the birthdays of President Abraham Lincoln and the abolitionist Frederick Douglass.
28. This idea didn't sit well with leaders like Frederick Douglass, who considered colonization to be "a safety valve...for white racism."
29. Yet despite his hopes for the political system and his status as international celebrity of the abolitionist movement, Douglass refused to disavow violence as a means of destroying slavery.
30. The most famous black American anti-slavery leader and orator of the era, Frederick Douglass was born a slave on a Maryland plantation.
More similar words: frederick douglass, douglas, douglas fir, douglas macarthur, glass, glassy, glasses, hourglass, sandglass, eyeglass, spyglass, sunglass, glassware, glassful, cut glass, glasshouse, wineglass, shot glass, glass case, pier glass, glass over, beer glass, isinglass, glassless, field glass, watch glass, eyeglasses, weatherglass, fiberglass, glassy-eyed.