Random good picture Not show
2. Her criticisms had the effect of discouraging him completely.
3. Today's report is rather more discouraging for the economy.
4. After a discouraging start, the young priest had begun to win the confidence of the villagers.
5. It's discouraging that so many students have failed.
6. Our imagination can be either helpful or discouraging when it begins to anticipate a course of action.
7. If that was its method of discouraging tourists in their search for quaint old London pubs(sentencedict.com/discouraging.html), it was highly successful.
8. It's very discouraging to find out that your own team members have been lying to you.
9. These discouraging factors combine to compel a search for cheaper and environmentally safer energy sources.
10. My father made a few discouraging remarks about my academic abilities that have stayed with me to this day.
11. Spraying with water is particularly effective for discouraging red spider mite [sentencedict.com], which flourishes in dry conditions.
12. Still, it was discouraging that no one had ventured even a wild guess.
13. The cost would be passed on to speculators, discouraging one-way bets.
14. It is deeply discouraging that the government can struggle with the nation's budget for nearly a year and still fail to achieve anything.
15. It also includes discouraging cultural traits that have outlived their usefulness and may be otherwise harmful to society.
16. Sexual discrimination is seen to be an important factor in discouraging women from careers in engineering.
17. Many hospitals deliberately tried to avoid challenging or openly discouraging the parents' hopes and expectations for a perfect or near-perfect recovery.
18. Needless loss of life resulted from a policy that emphasized backing away from provocation and discouraging self-defense.
19. But it also fulfils a wider social purpose in setting standards for the markets and in discouraging aberrant behaviour.
20. He took hard knocks at two board meetings in June and August, and carried the discouraging words home to his father.
21. The implications of the National Curriculum on our determination to enliven the learning process are not wholly discouraging.
22. The fact that, though they had been pared, no fewer than 13 charges still awaited Mr Nadir is discouraging.
23. The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.
24. My slight personal acquaintance with the subject of all this discouraging impersonal solemnity seemed slightly ridiculous.
25. Together the two confiscated property provisions are aimed at discouraging foreign investors from purchasing such property from the cash-strapped Castro government.
26. Life is something worth fighting for, no matter how desperate or discouraging our present circumstances.
27. Fourth, the fund may lack the accounting systems and performance measurement techniques to incorporate futures, so discouraging their use.
28. There is a separate question of whether free flows of long-term capital can be encouraged while discouraging some short-term capital movements.
29. Four minutes past two ... I open the lid and reveal a discouraging mass of loose papers.
30. The real estate market in the fire zone is slow, and the ultimate sales prices are discouraging.
More similar words: discourage, discouraged, encouraging, discouragement, encouragingly, disparaging, raging, foraging, discount, discourse, averaging, discourtesy, leveraging, discourteous, discount rate, cash discount, trade discount, discount period, purchase discount, discharging, disconcerting, drag in, courage, encourage, viscous, encouraged, courageous, miscount, disco, courageously.