Sentencedict.com random good picture
1. He cowed the boy into doing illegal things.
2. By this time she was so cowed by the beatings that she meekly obeyed.
3. The natives were cowed by the army.
4. The protesters had been cowed into submission by the police.
5. The men were cowed into total submission.
6. The government, far from being cowed by these threats, has vowed to continue its policy.
7. The protesters refused to be cowed into submission by the army.
8. The teacher cowed the pupils with his hard eyes.
9. The men might be cowed for the time being.
10. For decades it has cowed public employees, left them docile, passive, and bitter.
11. Yet they do not appear to have been cowed by systems or professionals.
12. We walk tall, no longer cowed by writs.
13. Dissidents were cowed into silence by the army.
14. He should have been cowed and compromised by fear and debt, but he was not.
15. The guests were completely cowed, like golden calf worshippers contemplating shards of Moses' broken tablets.
16. And maybe they would be cowed not only by the discipline but by the man who wielded it.
17. Scholars who know better are cowed, indifferent or, sotto voce(sentencedict.com), disdainful.
18. She was a big ill-tempered animal cowed by a presence more threatening and a temper more volatile than her own.
19. People were again cowed into subjugation.
20. They - whoever they were - had underestimated her if they thought she could be cowed into submission by threats and violence.
21. Aunt Margaret, frail as a pressed flower, seemed too cowed by his presence even to look at him.
22. But the investigation was suddenly closed down, 17 volumes of its work vanished, and its members were cowed into silence.
23. Most were attracted by her intoxicating combination of beauty, wit and charm, but others were cowed.
23. Sentencedict.com try its best to gather and make good sentences.
24. The entire Project Eden team - or what was left of it - was milling around: cowed, shocked and submissive.
25. Not surprisingly, young salesmen dashed around the place looking cowed and frightened, while young traders smoked cigars.
26. He cut his school off from the outside world so that nobody would see how cowed and frightened the children were.
27. For the regime, the fact that it presided over a cowed, debilitated populace enhanced its ability to remain in power.
28. By now most of the other girls found me extremely odd, but they were easily cowed by my outbursts of sarcasm.
29. Annixter had cursed him so vociferously and tersely that even Osterman was cowed.
30. The anger of such a woman, at such a moment, would have cowed even him.