Sentencedict.com random good picture
1) He did something contradictory to his orders.
2) I keep getting contradictory advice - some people tell me to keep it warm and some tell me to put ice on it.
3) The evidence is completely contradictory.
4) We are faced with two apparently contradictory statements.
5) Some of the laws were contradictory. Accordingly, measures were taken to clarify them.
6) The advice I received was often contradictory.
7) The public is being fed contradictory messages about the economy.
8) Customs officials have made a series of contradictory statements about the equipment.
9) The plethora of rules and regulations is both contradictory and confusing.
10) There were contradictory versions of what happened / of what the President said.
11) Both of these apparently contradictory statements are obviously true,(http://sentencedict.com/contradictory.html) but only at the level of empirical observation.
12) In Formen Marx is mainly concerned with other contradictory combinations of incompatible social principles.
13) Case said these seemingly contradictory deals were simple exercises in economic balance of power.
14) In addition each of the gospels contains contradictory statements about the same event.
15) But it represents a compromise between opposing or contradictory interests not untypical of media policy.
16) Attitudes to addiction are complicated and often contradictory.
17) Had this apparently contradictory programme been worked out over a long period, it might have seemed more logical.
18) With these two seemingly contradictory attitudes in mind, underline all the adjectives you've used.
19) The public is being bombarded with contradictory information about the new tax from all sides.
20) The evidence here is often contradictory, and suggests that in practice, there were variations in what was asked of women.
21) The evidence demonstrates how easily people can hold mutually contradictory beliefs.
22) His policies, especially in the first two years of his presidency, often have been confusing and contradictory.
23) He was acquitted on May 25, 1990, largely because of contradictory statements by witnesses.
24) The result is, as we have seen[sentencedict.com], a difficult and sometimes contradictory compromise.
25) While they can clarify crucial points of law, some decisions appear contradictory.
26) The gains to be made in the political sphere are, as Chapter S will show, more ambiguous and contradictory.
27) Quantal analysis of excitatory synapses in the hippocampus has proved difficult and has led to contradictory conclusions when applied to long-term potentiation.
28) Hitherto the instrumental approach to law has been criticized as inadequate to provide a coherent explanation for contradictory tendencies in legal developments.
29) The new account of his life shows a complex and at times seemingly contradictory person.
30) We can see that the economic aims of Thatcherism have been contradictory to its moral postures.
More similar words: contradiction, contractor, victory, on the contrary, contract, contrary, contrast, contributor, by contrast, contrast to, to the contrary, social contract, radical, factory, eradicate, trading, tradition, traditional, traditionally, control, contrite, conciliatory, contribute, out of control, contribution, contribute to, controversy, take control, contretemps, concentrate.