1. 'Economical with the truth' is a circumlocution for 'lying'.
2. He is a master at circumlocution.
3. Prefer the single word to the circumlocution. 4.
4. Politicians are experts in circumlocution.
5. Shakespeare's narration has an excess of artifice and circumlocution.
6. The circumlocution "the game ended with a score that was not in our favor" should be replaced by "we lost the game. "
7. He is a master at circumlocution, but it's easier for me to understand him now than before.
8. With typical circumlocution, King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia recently said as much.
9. This sort of ritual circumlocution is common to many parts of mathematics.
10. " The wife of your father's brother " is a circumlocution for " your aunt ".
11. The Shakespearean illusions,(sentencedict.com/circumlocution.html) the pose of madness and threat unraveling in chilling circumlocution.
12. Instances are quoted of highly contrived antithesis, of mixed metaphor and elaborate circumlocution.
13. And it does always appear possible to translate from one language to another even if circumlocution is required.
14. The musical beauty, moreover, is shown by the aesthetics of equilibrium, complication, cadence and of circumlocution.
15. Good writers differ from poor writers in the use of strategies of adjusting or approximating the message, using circumlocution or synonym, discussing feelings with others, and empathizing with others.
16. It is shown by the aesthetics of equilibrium, complication, cadence and of circumlocution.
17. It was always when you most wanted a direct answer that Greenfield came up with a circumlocution.
More similar words: circumstance, circuit, execution, prosecution, location, pollution, evolution, resolution, document, contribution, institution, distribution, circle, constitution, institutional, revolutionary, documentary, constitutional, cut in, cut into, executive, consecutive, notion, motion, action, nation, option, question, fiction, auction.