1. The attempt to expand the business was a catastrophe for the firm.
2. The flood last year was a terrible catastrophe in which many people died.
3. These policies could lead the country to environmental catastrophe.
4. The Black Sea is facing ecological catastrophe as a result of pollution.
5. They were warned of the ecological catastrophe to come.
6. The catastrophe of a tragedy usually brings death or ruin to the leading character.
7. Absent some catastrophe, the food prices should soon drop.
8. The area is now facing economic catastrophe.
9. The earthquake was a terrible catastrophe.
9. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find excellent sentences for a large number of words.
10. We're heading for a catastrophe of enormous dimensions.
11. If the contract is cancelled, it'll be a catastrophe for everyone concerned.
12. Sudan requires food immediately to avert a humanitarian catastrophe.
13. The flood was a major catastrophe.
14. This is a catastrophe beyond human control.
15. Drastic changes are needed if environmental catastrophe is to be avoided.
16. The emigration of scientists is a catastrophe for the country.
17. He is teetering on the edge of catastrophe.
18. The catastrophe would be stamped in their minds.
19. Not to provide aid will just invite further catastrophe in the area.
20. Scientists are warning that unless carbon emissions are cut[sentencedict.com], we could be heading for an environmental catastrophe.
21. Early warnings of rising water levels prevented another major catastrophe.
22. Their other problems paled into insignificance beside this latest catastrophe.
23. I owe it to you that I survived the catastrophe.
24. Until he saw the trapped wagons and animals, he did not realize the full extent of the catastrophe.
25. The government had brought the country to the edge of a catastrophe.
26. From all points of view, war would be a catastrophe.
27. The expulsion of hundreds of thousands of people represents a humanitarian catastrophe of enormous proportions.
28. Most governments know that we're heading for an environmental catastrophe but they shut their eyes to it.
29. This continent bore a very advanced civilization, but was devoured by the ocean in some unspecified catastrophe.
30. He flew into an anti-aircraft shell with the precise catastrophe of a drunken driver speeding into a wall.
More similar words: catastrophically, claustrophobia, claustrophobic, prophet, prophetic, trophy, atrophy, astronaut, disastrous, astronomer, metastasis, taste, tasty, taste of, microphone, acrophobia, tasteless, fantastic, cast aside, hydrophobia, catalog, catalyst, cataract, tropical, sophisticated, metropolis, stroke, strong, unsophisticated, destroy.