Sentencedict.com random good picture
1. He's got the experience and the authority to carry it off.
2. The United Nations has used/exerted/exercised its authority to restore peace in the area.
3. A policeman has the authority to arrest lawbreakers.
4. The Prime Minister aimed to reassert his authority.
5. I have it on the best authority that we will be paid for our work next week.
6. The government says that local authority spending is excessive.
7. She now has authority over the people who used to be her bosses.
8. The local authority could find itself in the invidious position of having to refuse.
9. The leader must be a person of authority.
10. He has authority,[sentencedict.com] but he doesn't try to dominate .
11. The local authority may assist you to obtain alternative accommodation.
12. Could I speak to someone in authority please?
13. The speech bore the stamp of authority.
14. In a position of authority, a weakness for the opposite sex leaves you open to blackmail.
15. She is continually abusing her position/authority by getting other people to do things for her.
16. He is out of question the greatest authority on this subject now living.
17. Policemen have authority to arrest lawbreakers.
18. She established her authority with unrelenting thoroughness.
19. All authority was vested in the woman, who discharged every kind of public duty.
20. We were brought up to be respectful of authority.
21. The local authority is to carry out a feasibility study into expanding the old stadium.
22. The disgraced official was divested of all authority.
23. Exertion of authority over others is not always wise; persuasion may be better.
24. She is the pre-eminent authority in her subject.
25. He assumed full authority as tsar in 1689.
26. I'm always wary of men wearing suits, as I equate this with power and authority.
27. The junta reacted violently to the perceived threat to its authority.
28. There is undoubtedly a groundswell of support for the idea of a strong central authority.
29. The vice - president is trying to usurp the president's authority.
30. She'd developed what she considered a healthy contempt for authority.
More similar words: authorize, minority, priority, horizon, thorough, favorite, thoroughly, security, celebrity, similarity, popularity, south, southern, taut, auto, southeast, in truth, southwest, autonomy, automatic, automobile, horn, short, automatically, shorts, hormone, horror, those, shortly, in short.