Random good picture Not show
1) There are no antiprotons or antineutrons, made up from antiquarks, except for a few that physicists produce in large particle accelerators.
2) But the device can also accelerate antiprotons, the antimatter equivalents of protons with the same mass but negative electric charge.
3) Likewise, regular protons have a positive charge, but antiprotons are negative.
4) The nuclide chart involves electron, positron, antiproton, antineutron, photon to exhibit the symmetry of mass and charge ideally.
5) But some astronomers always suspected that the remaining antiprotons must become trapped by the Earth's magnetic field,(http://sentencedict.com/antiproton.html) forming an antiproton radiation belt.
6) His research team discovered the antiproton.
7) Successive bunches of antiprotons from the Antiproton Decelerator can be added to the trap, a process invented by TRAP called stacking.
8) It is shown that the antiproton optical potential have strong absorption characteristics.
9) Using recent experimental results, we calculate the antiproton flux which is produced by the collisions of cosmic rays with the interstellar matter.
10) To do that, CERN built the Antiproton Decelerator, which uses electric and magnetic fields to slow the particles from near light speed to about one-tenth of that, he said.
11) Thus, antiquark, antiproton, etc.
12) The antihydrogen atoms are composed of a positron (an antimatter electron) orbiting an antiproton nucleus.
13) Since 2000 this deceleration has been carried out by the Antiproton Decelerator at CERN.
14) Occasionally a collision produced an electron-positron pair, with the positron and antiproton flying off together and forming an antihydrogen atom.
15) Dirac's theory also predicted a negatively charged sister for the proton, called the antiproton.
16) An atom of antihydrogen, for instance, is composed of a negatively-charged antiproton being orbited by a positively-charged positron.
17) Another team, ASACUSA, is studying exotic helium atoms in which one electron is replaced by an antiproton.
18) Bickford's own research predicts that other planets, including Jupiter, Saturn, Neptune, and Uranus, should have similar antiproton belts.
19) "This is a very satisfying result," Masaki Hori, a project leader in the antiproton collaboration, said in a statement.
20) Similarly the positively charged proton has a negatively charged antiparticle, the antiproton.
21) When a particle, such as a proton, meets with its antimatter partner, the antiproton, the two annihilate each other in a powerful explosion.
22) Using laser beams to excite the atoms, scientists can then get the antiproton to jump to a new energy level, one that is no longer shielded from the nucleus and — Bang!
23) Next the antiatoms encounter a strong electric field that strips apart the antiproton and positron of the weakly bound antiatoms.
More similar words: antipruritic, proton, protonema, protonation, protestantism, multiprocessor, multiprocessing, multiprogramming, antiperspirant, croton, serotonin, proto, protozoa, protocol, antiphon, antipode, prototype, protoderm, protozoon, protozoan, antipasto, antipathy, antipodes, antipodal, protoplast, protoplasm, protoxylem, antipodean, anti-piracy, antiphonal.