Random good picture Not show
1. In reviewing reports on amyloidosis patients with intestinal pseudo-obstruction, the patients with multiple myeloma tend to have extensive smooth muscle infiltration.
2. Systemic amyloidosis often affects the gastrointestinal tract and may result in this condition.
3. Amyloidosis occurs when an abnormal protein becomes fibrous and becomes deposited in the heart muscle.
4. Infiltrative myocardial diseases, including amyloidosis, hemochromatosis, and sarcoidosis, may be associated with atrioventricular block.
5. Growing awareness of the similarities between "primary" amyloidosis and that associated with myelomatosis led to the trial of cytotoxic drug such as melphalan in the former condition(19)(20).
6. Objective : To improve the diagnostic competence for amyloidosis of larynx both clinically and radiologically.
7. BACKGROUND: Dialysis-related amyloidosis (DRA) predominantly occurs in the osteoarticular structures, but it also systemically appears in the extra-articular tissues as well.
8. Among the heredofamilial forms of amyloidosis, only the Portuguese neuropathic type has so far been studied in any detail.
9. The poor prognosis in amyloidosis and the importance of renal failure as a cause of death has compelled an interest in the treatment of this condition for the nephrologist(18).
10. Perilymphatic distribution is noted in pneumoconiosis, sarcoidosis, amyloidosis.
11. Cross's disease, familial amyloidosis, prevents the liver from breaking down a protein called transthyretin.
12. Pathological examination of the medial rectus muscle showed positive Congo red stain compatible with amyloidosis.
13. Considerable variations are also found in published accounts concerning the relative incidence of the various diseases associated with secondary amyloidosis.
14. Despite these approaches to treatment, death in uraemia remains a common outcome in renal amyloidosis.
15. The survival over the first two years of regular haemodialysis in amyloidosis is roughly comparable to that in renal failure caused by diabetes.
16. Congo red stain has been performed on the myocardium in a case of amyloidosis.
17. After this incubation amyloid A protein, as found in "secondary" amyloidosis or in Familial Mediterranean Fever, loses its affinity for Congo red,(sentencedict .com) whereas amyloid L protein does not.
18. Results AMCH in hemorrhagic cases . The main cause was hypertension, amyloidosis angiopathy and so on.
19. Extramedullary infiltration, orbit and skin infiltration were more common, and the incidence of renal function impairment, hypercalcemia, and amyloidosis was higher.
20. An uncertain proportion of patients, possibly about 10 per cent, have a third protein abnormality - amyloidosis.
21. Objective : To explore the clinical characteristics and pathogenesis of primary systemic amyloidosis.
22. Colchicine has long been employed to treat and prevent acute attacks of gout and also applied to a variety of conditions such us familial Mediterranean fever, Behcet's disease, and amyloidosis.
More similar words: sarcoidosis, acidosis, ketoacidosis, coccidioidomycosis, sigmoidoscopy, lordosis, ankylosis, spondylosis, amylum, amylase, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, eidos, kaleidoscope, keloid, kaleidoscopic, colloid, euploid, diploid, haploid, tabloid, cycloid, alkaloid, metalloid, polyploid, mongoloid, celluloid, colloidal, epicycloid, polyploidy, heteroploid.