Random good picture Not show
1. This is allegorically speaking, for these women are two covenants: one proceeding from Mount Sinai bearing children who are to be slaves; she is Hagar.
2. Melville allegorically and vividly depicts the cruel killing of whales by Captain Ahab and the sailors on the whaling ship, and their tragically being drowned in the sea.
3. Gal. 4:24 These things are spoken allegorically , for these women are two covenants, one from Mount Sinai, bringing forth children unto slavery, which is Hagar.
4. Allegorically , our protagonist becomes an Everyman named Brown, a "young" man[Sentencedict], who will be aged in one night by an adventure that makes everyone in this world a fallen idol.
5. But it was read allegorically throughout the church, and even Rabbinic Judaism read the Song of Songs as being about God and people Israel.
6. The Torah uses familiar terms to allegorically to express God's relation to His creation.
7. In other words,allegorically speaking, he has to leave the synagogue and, therefore,he becomes a member John's church.
8. Now this may be interpreted allegorically : these women are two covenants. One is from Mount Sinai, bearing children for slavery; she is Hagar.
9. Now this may be interpreted allegorically : these women are two covenants.
10. Many of your works are either directly or allegorically political.
11. And so he interprets allegorically to say scripture.
12. The play ended allegorically.
13. Then one of the most fascinating things is the way he reads the six days of creation in Genesis allegorically.
14. In fact,a lot of historians don't like him because he tends to read scripture allegorically in different places.
15. Persian poet whose sensuous rhyming couplets, many of which concern love, wine, and nature, are traditionally interpreted allegorically by Sufic Moslems.
16. All of these just are illustrations of how Augustine knew how to read this text literally, but he shows you how he also reads it allegorically.
17. St Augustine (354-430), a major authority for both Catholics and Protestants, insisted that if a biblical text contradicted reputable science, it must be interpreted allegorically.
18. To Ahab, killing the whale becomes the ultimate goal in his life, and this observation can also be expanded allegorically so that the whale represents everyone's goals.
More similar words: categorically, categorical, allegory, historically, rhetorically, metaphorically, historical, rhetorical, oratorical, unhistorical, satirically, numerically, empirically, metaphorical, hysterically, electrically, diametrically, rhetorical device, rhetorical question, categorise, categorize, categorisation, illegally, phantasmagoric, egotistical, lyrical, comically, spherical, stoically, logically.