Sentencedict.com random good picture
(1) He invested his lawyer with complete power to act for him.
(2) I have authorized him to act for me while I am away.
(3) He's just putting on an act for the boss's benefit.
(4) I'm designating you to act for me while I am away.
(5) He confidentially authorized me to act for him while he is abroad.
(6) He has the authority to act for the commissar.
(7) In my absence the assistant manager will act for me.
(8) His solicitors are continuing to act for him.
(9) His secretary will act for him in all his affairs.
(10) Parliament itself could substitute an act for an earlier one.
(11) This is a delicate balancing act for Mr Carr, however.
(12) Ramsey's last act for the Durham diocese was to publish a collection of his Durham Essays and Addresses.
(13) The barrister did not act for Miss Tucker at the retrial.
(14) Fontana did not have to put on an act for long: Patrols and operations were daily.
(15) This year's Budget looks set to be a precarious high-wire act for the Chancellor.
(16) Last year it was convicted and fined under the Trades Descriptions Act for placing For Sale boards on empty homes in the area.
(17) It is legally possible for an elderly person to nominate someone to act for them, should they become incapable of looking after themselves.
(18) As the chairman is ill, I'm asking Mr. Sharp to act for him.
(19) As the chairman is ill, I am asking Mr Jones to act for him.
(20) The cinema was in breach of the Health and Safety Act for having no fire doors.
(21) The people to be interviewed are known as freight forwarding agents[sentence dictionary], who act for individual exporters and importers.
(22) On 21 February 1990 the Ledingham-Smiths consulted an insolvency practitioner and the accountants ceased to act for them.
(23) He seems also to have had the right to appoint deputies to act for him in individual duchy lordships.
(24) The dependence thesis does not claim that authorities always act for dependent reasons, but merely that they should do so.
(25) Certain men have been trying to get in on the politically correct act for a while.
(26) Appendix 1 lists all the statutory instruments made under the Act for easy reference.
(27) It has raised the profile of solicitors that when we act for clients, we act in a professional capacity.
(28) The client of the teacher is society and the responsibility of the teacher is to act for and on behalf of society.
(29) In July 1662 he was appointed as one of seven commissioners to execute the Act for the Settlement of Ireland.
(30) Rhone then prepared a discussion paper on the implications of the Better Communities Act for Phoenix.